Friday, September 13, 2019

TV Shows

This is a short explanation of shows I've watched. Some people ask me if I can recommend shows, so to make it easier for me because I always get, as we say in Norwegian: iron curtain (I easily forget) this list was created.






THE ACT (2019)

The true story about Gypsy Rose and her sick mother. It's super exciting, "scary", because it's a true story and the acting is incredible! A show everyone should watch.

Seasons: 1
Duration: 1 hour
Number of episodes: 8
Genre: Biography, Crime, Drama
Where: HBO

AFTER LIFE (2019)

A show that makes you think. It's beautiful and it gives you perspective of life. I think this quote from the show says it best:

“Happiness is amazing. It’s so amazing it doesn’t even matter if it’s yours or not. It’s that lovely thing: A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in.
Good people do things for other people. That’s it. The end.”

Seasons: 1
Duration: 30 minutes
Number of episodes: 7
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Feel Good.
Where: Netflix


BREAKING BAD (2008-2013)

The show that put Bryan Cranston on my list of favorite actors. WHAT A SHOW!!! When you've watched 4-5 episodes, you can't not watch another. When I watched it back in the day, I had to have a couple of breaks, because it's so intense at times. But it never disappointed. And it had a worthy ending. Not all great shows get them..

Seasons: 5
Duration: 50 minutes
Number of episodes: 62
Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller
Where: Netflix




BROOKLYN NINE-NINE (2013-)

I think this might be the FUNNIEST shows I've ever seen. Andy Samberg from SNL, Terry Crews and the entire gang has great chemestry and I just can't sell this the way it deserves. If you're looking for a FUNNY show, this is the s**t!

Seasons: 6 (season 7 coming in 2020)
Duration: 20 minutes
Number of episodes: 130 (and more to come)
Genre: Comedy, Crime
Where: Netflix






COMIC BOOK MEN (2012-2018)

I was actually extreemly sad when I got the news that there were no more seasons. This is one of MY Feel Good shows, a nerdgasm. Kevin Smith is one of my favorite humans after I watched this show. He's so kind and amazing. I love him! And the guys at his Comic Book store are adorable. Nerds are awesome!! And you get to see and learn about all the good stuff in the nerd world.

Seasons: 7
Duration: 20 minutes
Number of episodes: 96
Genre: Comedy, Nerdvana, Reality TV




DEREK (2012-2014)

This guy has got the RIGHT way of looking at life!! Take your life lessons from Derek. Ricky Gervais surprises again. Also one of my Feel Good shows. It's the sweetest show I've ever seen. You binge this show in one night!

Seasons: 2
Duration: 20 minutes
Number of episodes: 14
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Feel Good
Where: Netflix





FRIENDS (1994-2004)

This almost goes without saying. I'm a 90's child and I can't call myself that without saying this is one of my favorites. I've watched eached episosdes a 1000 times, and I've even sat on the couch from the show on it's 20 year anniversary in 2014. Love, love, love!


Seasons: 10
Duration: 20 minutes
Number of episodes: 236
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Where: ?




GAME OF THRONES (2011-2019)

You either give it two episodes and give up, try some more and don't like it, OR you LOVE it. You can't fall in love with the characters, that's risky business, but this show is amazing!! It's very divided opinions about the ending, and my feelings about the ending was disappointment, unfortunately. 


Seasons: 8
Duration: 50-80 minutes
Number of episodes: 73
Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama
Where: HBO




HANDMAID'S TALE (2017-)

This was a show that I wasn't going to watch, just because I didn't need MORE to watch when I already have so much "on my plate", when it comes to series. BUT OH MY GOODNESS, this show BLEW MY MIND!!! To say that it's intense is an understatement! It's hardcore girl-power in a fu**ed up world. Elisabeth Moss is AMAZING!

Seasons: 3 (season 4 coming in 2020)
Duration: 1 hour
Number of episodes: 36
Genre: Drama, "Sci-Fi", Thriller
Where: HBO




HEROES (2006-2010)

I'm just going to talk about season 1! That's where it ended for me. I couldn't stop watching season 1, it's so exciting! I mean.. humans with powers! You get to know these people and their powers and the awesome villain, Sylar! Even my mom, finally liked something I liked. She called me at 7 in the morning: "DO YOU HAVE SEASON 2?!"

Seasons: 1 (actually 4)
Duration: 45 minutes
Number of episodes: 23 (actually 78)
Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Sci-Fi





MANIAC (2014)

The Norwegian show that America copied. Because of this show, I gave the American show a chance and I couldn't even get through episode 1. But THIS show on the other hand was awesome!! 

Seasons: 1
Duration: 25 minutes
Number of episodes: 11
Genre: (Comedy), Drama
Where: Netflix



MODERN FAMILY (2009-)

Also a Feel Good show that I loved to binge. The characters and the situations they "get into" through the episodes, and the morals at the end of the show is perfect. When you need an easy, funny and heartwarming show, push play now.

Seasons: 10 (Season 11 coming Sept. 26 2019)
Duration: 20 minutes
Number of episodes: 232
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Where: Netflix






PACIFIC BLUE (1996-2000)

This is my "Baywatch" and "Beverly Hills, 90210" for me in the 90's. Kids today might not like it, because.. it's "too 90's"? (If that's possible..) But I loved this show!! I also played it a lot with my friends when I was a kid, I was always Chris Kelly and married to my handsome partner TC Callaway.

Seasons: 5
Duration: 45-60 minutes
Number of episodes: 101
Genre: 90's, Action, Crime, Drama






PRISON BREAK (2005-2017)

I tried watching more than 1 season, but I saw half of season 2 and gave up. So my 10 goes to season 1. It's a show I'm considering watching again soon for the third time, because I haven't seen it since it came out-ish. It's thrilling, exciting, nerve-wracking and nail biting.

Seasons: 1 (actually 5)
Duration: 45 minutes
Number of episodes: 22 (actually 91)
Genre: Action, Crime, Drama
Where: Netflix





RICK AND MORTY (2013-)

I've never watched a show where I've said: "What the f**k am I watching?!" more than this. I got a job at GameStop and I was "yelled at" for not having seen it, so I did, and I don't regret it. It's so freaking weird and funny - just try it!

Seasons: 3 (Season 4 coming in ..?)
Duration: 20 minutes
Number of episodes: 31
Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy, F'ed Up
Where: Netflix







RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE (2009-)

Whenever I'm feeling down or anyhow negative, this is the show I turn to. I LIVE for this show and I've even met several of the Queens, been to several shows and more to come in the future. If you love drag queens, drama, fashion, overreacting, uniqueness, nerves and talents, this is the show for you. 

Seasons: 11
Duration: 45 minutes
Number of episodes: 146
Genre: Game Show, Reality TV
Where: Netflix



RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE ALL STARS (2012-)

Same as "RuPaul's Drag Race", only with previous contestants, so it's all the Queens you already know and love (or hate) doin' their thang!  



Seasons: 4
Duration: 45 minutes
Number of episodes:
Genre: Game Show, Reality TV
Where: Netflix






STRANGER THINGS (2016-)

I LOVED season 1 and 3! I don't actually remember season 2, but I got through it. But 1 and 3 was amazing!! The 70's feel of this show is so nostalgic and awesome, and so freakin' exciting! The kids on this show are such good actors (along with Winona Ryder and David Harbour ++)! 

Seasons: 3 (Season 4 coming in.. October?)
Duration 50 minutes
Number of episodes: 25
Genre: Drama, Fantasy, Horror
Where: Netflix


THE WALKING DEAD (2010-)

This is a rating 10, BUT! I couldn't finish it. I got to mid-season 7 and then I had to forget about it. I've also heard they're getting a season 10? But, the first .. 5-ish seasons (?) are pretty good! The zombies are so well done! You should give it a try.

Seasons: 9
Duration: 45 minutes
Number of episodes: 147 (and more to come)
Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller
Where: HBO





WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? (1998-2007) (2013-)

The seasons with Drew Carey as the host are the best ones. Aisha Tyler is the newest host of this hilarious show, but it's not the same. The newest seasons with Aisha is also worth watching because of Colin, Ryan, Wayne and the rest of the guest-improv-Gods. One of my Bucket List dreams is to go and watch them Live and getting dragged on staged to do something fun! 

Seasons: 8
Duration: 30 minutes
Number of episodes:
Genre: Comedy, Game Show, Imporov
Where: Viafree (only Aisha seasons)

No comments:

Post a Comment